Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Blueberry Sauce

I found this blueberry sauce off of the blog Savory Sweet Life by Alice Currah. I love her blog so check it out. I did however tweak her original recipe to make it more to my liking. I think blueberries are one of the best fruits. This sauce is simple, but yummy. You can really taste the wonderful flavor that blueberries have in this sauce. Adding 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the sauce makes it even better.  Makes about 1 1/4 cups sauce.
Alice's original recipe: http://savorysweetlife.com/2010/02/blueberry-sauce-recipe/

Ingredients:
2 cups frozen blueberries or fresh
3/4-1 cup granulated sugar. Depends on how sweet you like your sauce.
1/2 cup water
Optional: 2 teaspoons grated orange or lemon zest. Alice recommends
orange, but I like lemon
1 teaspoon cornstarch (if you want a slightly thick sauce, otherwise omit.)
pinch of table salt
  1. In a sauce pan or skillet put all the ingredients in and cook on medium-high heat. Cook and stir for 15-20 minutes until thickened. You can mash the blueberries with the spoon, leave them whole, or blend them for a smooth sauce. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment