Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Broccoli Slaw


I got this recipe from a good friend, although I'm not sure where she found it. What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to make. The flavor is a perfect combo of sweet, sour, and slightly salty. I really like the ramen noodles crunchiness. It adds a nice texture that seems to balances the slaw out. Also you can make the dressing a few hours ahead of time, just put it in the fridge. This is an all time classic in my family. Any barbecued meat goes great with this. Enjoy! Serves about 6-8 people.
1 package of broccoli slaw. I've also used rainbow slaw and cole slaw, which works just fine.
For dressing whisk together:
1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper
1 tsp. of table salt
2 Tablespoons of vinegar
2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar
1/3 Cup of vegetable oil or canola
The flavor packet from chicken or oriental flavored ramen noddles, save the noddles

Crunchy toppings:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
The noodles from  ramen noddle package, broken up
1/4-1/3 (depends on how much you like) Cups of salted sunflower seeds. Unsalted sunflower seeds is fine, I prefer salted.
1/2 Cups of sliced almonds. Put all the ingredients onto a cooking sheet, and bake for about 5-10 minutes, until you've reached a golden brown color.

Toss the slaw with the dressing. Add the crunchy toppings and toss again, before you serve it, otherwise they will get soggy.
Doesn't this look yummy?

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about you. Fill out your profile:)

    ReplyDelete